10 November 2008

the coupons that make me think of the past

My absent minded bro forgotten his 30pcs of lucky draw coupons.
The market near my old school (BVSS) was newly renovated & yesterday was the opening ceremony where the MP was invited.

When i woke up in the morning... & see the 3 booklets of coupons still on the desk... i knew my bro missed that out. I was half hearted as in whether to bring the coupons over to the market for bro or not... U know, i dun go market... & i dislike Bedok...but aft much consideration... I went, telling myself to do a quick job... zoom zoom..in & out.
When i arrived @ the market, oh jesue... the stalls are chinese labeled,...& u know...i'm not comfortable with Chinese wording...worst thing is that i dun know where my uncle's soya bean stall is. There were alot alot alot of people (aunt & unlce) I got headache seeing them man... they are squeezing/pushing for their life.

As i walked past 1 soya bean stall... It read (大 something), i looked @ the face...not friendly... so confirm not my uncle's stall...as i walked further down... LUCKY i saw my bro's face... cuz i took a look @ the sign board... haha..dun know how to read! OMG!!!
After passing the coupons to him... i zoom zoom zoom zoom out of the market... wah... not again pls...

I hate bedok.

& why so???

U know...when i was young, my family was poor (poor in the pocket but rich in our wisdom)...
Alot of people (neighbours, relatives, friends etc) all looked down at us...a bunch of idiots...
They insulted us, made fun of us, talked bad abt us, laughed @ us etc...
& my Blk 18 house was terrible.
Just imagine, 1 bed room, 4 people squeezing...sleeping on the floor with thin mattress, with a fan (older den me) to the max @ no3, 1 pax has a divided win portion of 0.75%. No proper study area, no proper writing desk, no $ for tuition (i went for free tuition conducted by the church people.. & so now i'm a chirstian to do god's will)... I dun even have enough for an $0.20 ice cream @ the mama shop. All the above made me conclude...it was only slightly better den HELL.

Fortunately... over the years... things changed, life improved.
I never believed in feng shui (i believed in myself) but somehow... in this event 'feng shui lun liu zuan' is the only old phrase i could think off.

I'm so glad for the life i'm leading now!