05 April 2009

30th Anniversary Dinner - Bedok View Secondary School

9 years...
Been 9 years since I left Secondary School.
Never thot I'd go back again & to make it even more surprising, I went back with Shafiq.
Yesterday the school celebrated her 30th anniversay & a dinner event was held in the school hall to raise funds for the needly pupils.

Shane, Shafiq & I went back for the school tour @ 6pm.
Ms Joy brought us round the newly renovated school.
It's really alot of changes.
Alot of our fav hang out places are gone.
My NPCC room got shifted from lvl 1 to lvl 3 & the ART room (back den) was gone.
Having walked through the school... I knew I've grown up & the world has changed.
It's alot of memories & emotions.
Getting to meet old classmates, school mates, teachers & all is really FUN.
Some keep themselves well, some look the same as 9 years back & of course there were the rare few who seems to have aged through the days/months/years.

The dinner was served through 8 course meal.
Not exactly yummy but since it's for fund raising...so i can understand.
The fish was served in a super awful manner which I totally refused to eat & I stopped Shafiq from eating. & since we are not eating, we took a walk around the school.

We were standing @ lvl 2 of the Science's block, looking to the linkway (which is no longer available) to main block. We were thinking/talking about the same thing;
the camp fire.
We used to set up camp fire on the grass conmpound between the 2 blocks. A loop would be created on lvl 2 of the linkway & the fire is supposed to pass through the loop & travel all the way to the camp fire area & lvl 1. For years, batches after batches... we never get it successful on the actual camp fire night...it' always the trial that we got it perfect.

Having said so, it's really alot alot alot of memories.
It's been a wonderful night.
There's some photo to share;